What is Neuro Reset Technique?
Neuro Reset Technique (NRT) is an innovative collection of neuro-based techniques and key scientific findings, combined with robust treatment protocols that offer ground-breaking results in improving human movement control.
As a data-led methodology, underpinned by key scientific discoveries, NRT was developed through an extensive and rigorous empirical process that has been tried and tested for over a decade.
NRT focuses on improving muscle function via the brain and nervous system. As a series of techniques, NRT enables practitioners to quickly improve joint mobility with emphasis on restoring muscle recruitment.
Through the use of proprietary neurostimulation techniques, NRT targets specific sensory receptors to strengthen their associated pathways leading to increased sensorimotor control.
Traditional physical/bodywork therapies work on releasing the joints, muscles, and fascia. These methods often combine strengthening exercises to improve strength and range of motion.
The traditional release/strengthen approach offers short-term relief from tightness and requires ongoing stretching/massage to maintain results. In addition, the prescribed exercises only strengthen the muscles that already work well, building compensation around the muscles you can’t recruit, still leaving you vulnerable to poor function.
NRT is different, it focuses on the weakness in your brain and nervous system and not your body. This weakness, known as sensorineural weakness, is the reason why you can’t recruit certain muscles. It is the brain and nervous system that causes tissue tightness, and this tightness is a compensation for your poorly functioning muscles and not the cause of the problem.
What to Expect from an NRT Treatment
- Please wear flexible clothing like gym clothes
- NRT is an active treatment requiring physical participation.
- You may experience mild discomfort but no significant pain.
- You may feel tired afterwards, but this passes within 24-48 hours.
- There may be a settling in period of 24-48 hours as your posture recalibrates.
- After settling in, expect to feel stronger and more able.
- Treatments are usually 1 hour, sometimes longer for more coverage.
- Number of treatments depends on goals – a few for specific issues or more for whole body.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is NRT painful?
- No, at worst you may experience mild discomfort but no significant pain.
- How long do the treatments take?
- Treatments are usually 1 hour long. Longer sessions of 90 minutes to 2 hours can be done to cover more of the body faster.
- How many treatments will I need?
- It depends on your goals. For specific issues, just a few treatments may be needed. For whole body transformation, more treatments are required.
- What should I wear?
- Please wear flexible, comfortable clothing like gym clothes that allow for movement.
- Will I have homework?
- Very minimal. The changes occur mostly during the treatment sessions.
For more info about NRT contact:
You May Also Like: