If you haven’t already started with video marketing, then now’s the time. The popularity of video marketing is skyrocketing and has become a must-have for every brand.
In today’s article, we’ll explain the key concepts you need as a beginner.
What is Video Marketing?
“It’s the use of videos to increase awareness, create engagement and boost sales. It’s an important part of digital marketing that often overlaps with content marketing.”
In simple words, video marketing is used to promote and market your products and services. It helps increase engagement on your digital channels, educate customers and reach your target audience.
The Importance of Video Marketing
According to Cisco, 82% of internet traffic will be video by 2022…that’s only a month away!
According to Alexa, Youtube is the second most popular website in the world.
And people spend a significant amount of time on Youtube. Surprisingly, people watch 1 billion hours of videos on Youtube every single day!
It’s more than Facebook videos and Netflix combined.
In fact, people aren’t just watching cute cat videos on the internet. In fact, they’re watching videos to help make important purchase decisions.
According to Hubspot, 72% of people prefer watching a video about a product to reading its description.
Why Every Business Needs Video Marketing
The video is the future of marketing. Here are a few stats that prove the same:
- According to Hubspot, 54% of people watch online videos every day, and 78% watch videos every week.
- Google’s research indicates that 6 out of 10 people prefer watching online videos instead of television.
- According to Unbounce, a video on your landing page boosts the conversion rate by up to 80%.
To meet the growing demand for videos, all social media channels such as Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook have created new video-friendly placements such as ‘stories; and ‘live’ broadcasting.
The popularity of platforms such as Tik Tok, Snapchat, and Youtube has exploded and has become staples of online video consumption.
These stats prove video marketing is valued and relevant. In fact, it’s now expected by customers!
Videos also help you rank better on search engines. They not only improve your site rankings but also increase exposure in results due to the nature and size of video previews.
According to Insivia, a website is 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google if it has a video.
It’s clear that video marketing is only going to get bigger in the coming years.
12 Types of Marketing Videos
Before you start creating a video, you need to understand the type of videos you should create. Check our list to better understand your options.
- Brand Videos. They’re typically created as a part of a bigger advertising campaign. They showcase the brand’s vision, mission, and products or services.
- Demo Videos. They showcase how your product works. It could be a simple unboxing video to an in-depth tour of your software.
- Expert Interviews. Capturing interviews with industry experts and thought leaders in your industry is an excellent way to build authority and trust.
- Event Videos. They’re used to showcase events such as presentations, interviews, fundraisers, round table discussions, and conferences.
- Explainer Videos. They help people understand why they need your products or services.
- How-To or Educational Videos. Instructional videos help teach your target audience something new.
- Customer Testimonial or Case Study Videos. They help convince potential buyers that your products or services can solve their problems.
- Animated Videos. They’re excellent to break down hard-to-grasp concepts. Strong visuals help people understand the concept better.
- Virtual Reality and 360° Videos. These videos allow people to experience an event or location as if they were physically standing within the content.
- Live Videos. These give your audience a special, behind-the-scenes look at your business.
- Augmented Reality Videos. An additional digital layer is added to what you’re currently viewing. The IKEA Place app is an example of this.
- Personalized Messages. Videos are a great way to continue conversations or respond to someone via text or mail. Create a personalized message by recording yourself to delight your prospects.
Video marketing may seem daunting at first, but with a little patience and practice, you’ll be able to produce high-quality content that’s unique to your brand.
Don’t ignore the power of video marketing. Create or repurpose old content with the help of videos.
Try turning an article into a video. Not only will it increase engagement rate but also establish trust between you and your target audience.
Delight your audience by showcasing information in interesting ways.
What are you waiting for? Pick up your camera and start filming!
What do you think of video marketing? Which types of videos are best suited for your brand?
Featured Image Credits: Unsplash
About the Author
Shristi is a content writer and owner of F and B Recipes and Snazzy Women. When not writing, she can be found reading or trying new recipes.