Finding a job in this economy is hard for many people. It may be because they don’t know where to find jobs. It could also be because they don’t have the necessary tools with them. But, there is always a recruitment agency that has these tools and resources.
Such agencies are always connected with a pool of employers and employees. Their job is to find jobs for other people.
In this article, we have discussed why you should work with a recruitment agency.
What Is A Recruitment Agency?
Recruitment agencies are like a bridge that connects job seekers with employers. Employers are the ones who contact these agencies about certain job openings. A company explains everything about the vacant job position. Once all the information is shared, the search begins.
Usually, it was the employer only who did this task of finding a candidate. However, with so much workload, the employer can’t find a suitable person by themselves. This is the reason that they hand this task over to a recruitment agency.
There are different types of these recruitment or employment agencies.
- Traditional Agency: These agencies assist the job seekers in finding work and they help the employers as well. Many of these agencies work for particular industries. This means that some agencies only help the sales and marketing industry, some help the IT industry, and some help the accounting industry.
- Contingency Agency: These are the agencies hired by the employer. Some of these agencies charge the job candidates. So, when you work with these agencies, you should be clear about the fee and payment processes.
- Temporary Agency: These are the employment agencies that help employers in filling temporary job positions. Many temporary workers are hired in those seasons when there’s an extra workload. Temps also work when people have gone on vacations and the position remains vacant for some time.
Why Work With a Recruitment Agency?
One of the main functions of a recruitment agency is to find people for a specific job. These people who are job seekers need the help of such agencies for various reasons. A job seeker has only limited resources that he or she can use to find a job.
It’s a recruiter who is connected with many types of industries. Through the connection of a job recruiter, one can find the right job for themselves.
For instance, let’s say that you’ve worked as a banker for the past 15 years. Now you want to switch your job. You can try to find a new job the way you found your first job. But, in the past 15 years, a lot has changed. You’re not up-to-date with these changes. Recruitment agencies know the changes that take place in organizations. To get the best option for your needed job, you’ll need to hire a recruiter.
If you’re thinking, “How would they guarantee me the best job position, do they know my career goals?” The answer to this question is yes. They do know your job goals. One of your responsibilities is to communicate clearly with them.
When you do that, they ask you about your goals. These goals aren’t always related to the job positions. They can also be about your other wants and wishes. When you clearly define these wishes to them, they use their best tools to fulfill them.
These agencies exist to push people in the right direction. They don’t think that their job is done until you’ve got the satisfaction. Once you’re happy with your new job, they’re happy with theirs.
Why Use a Recruitment Agency?
There are many benefits of working with a good recruitment agency such as One21 Recruitment. They connect people to jobs. Other than that, they also have expertise in various aspects that are related to a job.
These are some benefits of using recruitment agencies.
- Faster and better hiring process: Businesses need recruitment agencies because they’re faster. These agencies are connected to many people who are looking for jobs. A recruiter can connect you to the best candidate for the job in no time.
- Recruitment knowledge: Recruiters have a lot of knowledge. They know about company policies and they know about hiring systems. These people also know and recognize the skills of job candidates. The agencies understand what is needed for a particular type of job.
- Better candidates: A business has a higher chance of hiring the best quality candidates because of these agencies. They know many talented individuals who are looking for jobs. They interview such individuals on a daily basis. They can easily find out who would be the best person for a job role.
- Job market knowledge: Not only do they know about the candidates, they also know about the job market. The recruiters provide you with wise advice when it comes to jobs. A recruiter who has worked in the field for a long time gains quite useful knowledge about it.
Not only that, but recruiters also write ads for companies. In these ads, they make sure that they write the correct information about the job. It’s their effectiveness in the recruitment process that helps both the company and the job seeker.
How to Choose a Recruitment Agency?
A recruiter is a person who’ll get you your future job. You’re putting your trust in them. Thus, when it comes to choosing a recruiter, you need to pay attention to some things. The below-mentioned recommendations would help you in choosing your recruiter.
- Do your homework: Yes, there’s homework here too. When you’re putting in so much of your trust in them, you should know about them too. Look at their LinkedIn profile and other social media pages. Talk to the people who’ve been recruited via that recruitment agency.
- Take their interview: Interview the recruiter when you’re choosing them. Ask them why they think a particular job would be suitable for you. You must also ask them how long the whole process will take.
- Ask about their experience: When you’re talking to a recruiter, you should ask them about their experience. It’ll let you know how long they’ve been in the field. You would understand what kind of challenges job seekers face.
- Consider the terms: All recruitment agencies have their own terms for carrying out the recruitment process. Go over these terms with the recruiter. You want to work with a person who does their job fast and creatively as well. Therefore, analyze the terms of the agency and of the recruiter too.
- Review the track record: You should find out how well an agency is working. Know when was the last time the agency helped a job seeker in finding a job. Additionally, you must also find out their strategies of working.
How to Reach Out to a Recruitment Agency
Coming in contact with a recruiter from an agency is not that hard. You can ask other people or search the internet to find an excellent recruiter. Once you’ve found a recruiter, you need to reach out to them.
You’ll present your case to them and communicate with them all throughout the process. Here are some tips you can use to reach out to a recruitment agency.
- Express yourself: Don’t be vague when you’re discussing your job requirements. Express all your concerns and doubts. Not only that, tell them about your job experience too. Be confident about what you’ve done and what you need in the future.
- Show your research: You must let the recruiter know your research. You don’t go to a recruiter empty-handed. Tell them what you found and where you found it. This way, they won’t tell you about openings which you’ve rejected. When you tell them about your research, it’ll also show them that you’re dedicated to your work.
- Avoid complications: Keep and simple and be straightforward with them. You’ve to share things so that you can have clear communication with them. However, there’s no need to tell them unnecessary details. When you’re only reaching out to them, keep your conversation to simple yes and no.
- Be respectful: Recruiters are helping you out with many things, they save you time and help you build your network. So, when you’re reaching out to them, show respect in your actions. Let them share their knowledge and opinions too.
How to Register With a Recruitment Agency
Follow these steps to register with recruitment agencies:
- Think about your requirements: When you’re registering with a recruitment agency, think about your non-negotiables. These lists of non-negotiables may include money, location, size of company, position, and more. Some people wish to work in a different state, while some work in their own state. Whatever your requirements are, convey them to the recruiter.
- Have some conversation: Before you send in your resume to the recruiter, talk to them. Have some conversations, express your wishes, talk about your previous job. Enquire about job openings in your industry.
- Connect via emails: It’s important that you connect with the recruiters via email. Through emails, they’ll inform you of available positions. They can also ask for some documents, which you can send them via email.
- Fill out documents: Some recruitment agencies require you to fill out some forms and documents. In these documents, you only have to fill in some general information. When you’re done filling the document, you’re added to the agency’s database.
Once you’re done with all these processes, then you can begin with the next steps. One of the personnel from the recruitment agency would be assigned to you. They will assist you through these steps. You should send in your CV to this individual. Then they’d keep you updated about the jobs you need. You should also call your recruiter every one or two weeks to know about the updates.
Why Use a Recruitment Agency to Find a Job?
Whether you’re joining the workforce after a long time or you’re new to this, finding the right job is difficult. You don’t know the rules and policies of various institutions. There are all sorts of questions in your head.
To clear out these doubts, you need the help of a recruitment agency. Here are the reasons why you should use their help:
- To save time: When you’re looking for a job by yourself, you use so many hours to find the right one. It takes you so much time to know about job roles and responsibilities. When you connect with a recruiter, they do the work at a faster pace.
- For networking purposes: Recruiters stay in touch with executives from many organizations. When you talk to a recruiter, they can help you connect with these executives. They may also help you have contact with other people who work in the same field as you.
- Job-related needs: The process of recruitment is long and tiring. Throughout this process, you need them for many things. A recruiter is there for you for all your job needs. When you choose the right recruiter, they’ll answer all your questions.
- To have access: Sometimes companies don’t post all their job openings on website portals. But, job recruiters have access to and knowledge about the available positions. So, they can enlighten you with many offers that you won’t see on websites.
- To stay in job databases: Just because you don’t get hired by the company, the recruiter doesn’t throw away your CV. They still stay in contact with you. They keep you updated about other job postings depending on your job needs.
A recruitment agency connects potential employers to employees. Working with such agencies is beneficial for both employers and employees.
For employers, it helps them find the best candidates for a job. In the same, for the employees, these agencies help them find the best position.
Before choosing a recruitment agency, you should know about their track record. You should also know their work experience. How many people did they successfully connect to the employers? How long have they been working in the recruitment field?
Using recruitment agencies will only help you in saving time and staying connected with other industry people.
Featured Image Credits: Pixabay
About the Author
Shristi is a content writer and owner of F and B Recipes and Snazzy Women. When not writing, she can be found reading or trying new recipes.